The U.S.S. Tiburon is not just a bunch of couch potatoes living in our parent’s basement (although sometimes one might wonder!) We are a group of friends that came together because of a common interest in STAR TREK and Sci-Fi. Though there are a variety of meetings and events throughout the course of each month, no meeting or event is required. If you wished, you could just participate electronically, but what fun would that be? We do encourage participation in Tiburon activities, such as attending events as a group and contributing to our community. We plan things like barbecues, picnics, movie viewings, cultural outings and just about anything in between. Our activities and events are only limited by our imagination and dedication. Each member of the Tiburon brings their own unique and special abilities to the group. The U.S.S. Tiburon recognizes the participation and contribution of its members by assigning fictional ranks and positions within the chapter.
Becoming a member of the U.S.S. Tiburon is simple;
If you would like to join,
- simply fill out this online form,
- at the bottom, be sure to select ‘USS TIBURON- R17’ in the chapter drop-down box.
For $5.00/yr. in membership dues, you will receive a starting position as Crewman aboard the U.S.S. Tiburon, a membership certificate, and access to everything we do. That’s just a few of many benefits of being a member of our ship.
The USS Tiburon welcomes participation on our social media channels and encourages you to interact with us often and to comment about the content you find here.
Our social media channels are;
We do not discriminate against any views, but administrators of official USS Tiburon social media channels do reserve the right to delete the following, or to block users who post the following:
- Obscenity, nudity, defamation or hateful speech (Speech that targets people or groups based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or any other protected status, including personal attacks against members.)
- Comments/posts that threaten to harm individuals, groups or organizations
Commercial advertisements or solicitations of funds
- Endorsement or encouragement of illegal activities
- Multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- Personal information including but not limited to e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: Be respectful. Be smart. Be human. Add to the discussion, and help grow our community in constructive ways.
Please be aware that while administrators are responsible for moderating the page, we cannot immediately review every comment posted on a page. Opinions expressed in non-USS Tiburon posts are not necessarily those of the USS Tiburon and its members, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of these posts.
All content posted by official USS Tiburon entities is the property of the USS Tiburon and is subject to copyright laws.