As the ship’s counselor, I don’t recommend drinking alcohol regularly, but if you do, I have some cocktails you might like to try. When I am not on the ship, I bartend, and my manager gave me permission to make some new recipes for upcoming events. All but one are my own mixes because I did not have Earl Grey tea at the bar, but be assured I have tried all of them, and they are all SciFi themed. Without further ado, here are my seven cocktails.
Blue Eyes of Arrakis
- 1 oz of Vodka i used Absolut but any vodka will work; I just like Absolut
- ½ oz of Coconut Rum; I used Malibu
- ½ oz Blue Curacao
- 4 oz of pineapple juice
- Mix liquor in a shaker with ice until cold to your hand; strain over the juice and serve with a gummy worm if you wish.
- 2 oz Captain Morgan
- 6 oz any good ginger beer; I like Fever Beer
- Pour into glass and enjoy.
And now some Star Trek cocktails:
One Night Stand on Riza
- 2 oz vodka
- ½ oz of Triple Sec
- 3 oz of OJ
- Same as before, mix in a shaker and float ½ oz Grenadine
- yes, this is a take on the screwdriver
Sweet Klingon Blood Wine
There are so many recipes for Klingon blood wine, and here is mine. This one I have made and tried. It takes some time, so obviously I did not make this one at the bar, but some of you may know we celebrate many Klingon get-togethers, and I made this wine a few years ago.
- In a large jar mix
- 1 Bottle of port wine; any cheap bottle will work if it’s port
- 1 can of frozen cranberry juice
- 1 can cranberry sauce; NOT JELLY, as it must have the berries
- I jar of maraschino cherries
- Strain cherries and pour juice into a large jar; save cherries for later
- Mix all ingredients in the large jar you have the cherry juice in. Seal it up and keep in the fridge for no less than 2 months; the day you are ready to serve, add 1 liter of Fireball whiskey
- For those who prefer a smooth taste, strain into a glass. For the Klingons in the group, no need to strain; just pour into the skull of your enemy and garnish with a cherry
Fereninar Swamp Water
- 1 oz sour apple pucker
- 1 oz Midori
- ½ oz Amaretto
- ½ oz heavy cream
- 3oz 7up
- Layer in a tall glass.
- This reminded me of an egg cream.
I would like to thank John Miller, aka Lord Vampyr (House Vampyr KAG), for the Picard cocktail recipe.
- 8 oz tea, Earl Grey, hot (giggles)
- 1 oz Grand Marnier
- Serve hot
- 2 oz vodka
- 1/4 oz Blue Curacao
- 3/4 oz dry London gin
- 3 oz 7up
- Pour into glass; just do not let your commanding officer know you have this one
There you go, some of my favorite drinks. I hope you try some of these; if you do, let me know.
LCDR Kat Sawyer Ship’s Counselor